Want to make a difference daily? We are currently hiring for a leadership position within our organization. We can teach anyone as long as they are willing, patient and quick on their feet. If this is starting to sound like you or someone you know, please either use the link below or email your resume to Megan@secondhearthomes.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
About this Job
It is a must that you are located less than 10 miles from downtown Sarasota, own reliable transportation and a laptop.
Salary: Between $40,000 to $50,000 /year; commensurate with experience
Position: Manager of Housing Programs and Social Services
Organization: Second Heart Homes, Inc.
Service Location: Sarasota, Florida (with remote functions)
Job Functions: Working directly with clients, volunteers and some fundraising.
Date Needed: Actively hiring. Open until filled.
Type of Position: Full-Time – exempt employee classification
Reports to Executive Director
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
Experience Requirement: Experience in social services or in a position requiring responsiveness, dedication to a cause, and determination in accomplishing goals
Benefits: Health insurance; paid holidays, vacation and sick-time; rewarding work with clients.
About Second Heart Homes
Second Heart Homes is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization registered in the state of Florida dedicated to providing permanent housing and supportive services to persons with mental illness who are currently homeless or are at-risk for homelessness. Our goal is to provide long-term solutions that empower our clients to revive their dignity, achieve stability and self-sufficiency, and enhance their quality of life so they reach their potential as individuals and contributing members of the community.
Visit us at http://www.SecondHeartHomes.org
About the Position
The position is responsible for the overall management of client support services, house manager development and assistance, and volunteer program operation. You’ll make a difference in someone’s life on a daily basis while showing them independence and care.
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive in the fast-paced environment of a young, dynamic, and fast growing service organization.
- Be proficient in time management and pivoting from one task to another quickly.
- Communicate regularly, clearly and openly (verbal and written).
- Work productively within the framework of an organization that does not have a physical office.
- Adaptable to an irregular and flexible work schedule. This NOT a 9-5 job.
- Client case-management, assisting with day-to-day tasks or utilizing appropriate volunteers or house managers.
- Implement and manage a robust volunteer program.
- Periodic visits to homes.
Housing – Primary responsibility for managing and maintaining the homes.
- Supervise the repairs and general maintenance of all homes.
- Ensure that the home and yard are clean to a level that would be acceptable to a visiting donor.
Administrative – Support other staff, board members, volunteers, and house managers in these areas:
- Complete specific research projects for the benefit of Second Heart Homes overall, as needed.
- Be on-call for emergencies. Few and far between but emergencies can happen in the evenings and weekends.
- Live in Sarasota.
- Vehicle, driver license, proof of insurance and clean driving record.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet and computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word, databases, etc.)
- Own Computer.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in a social-services setting or vulnerable populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, team environment such as extensive time in the service industry or an equally challenging scenario that demands utilization of time management, fast and innovative thinking while exercising patience and understanding.
Our services are currently offered in Sarasota, Florida.